First time loan borrowers must complete required documents before a loan can pay toward their student account.
Important: You will be prompted to enter your FSA ID to complete this counseling. If you have not already created an FSA ID, please follow the instructions to create one. You will not be able to complete this counseling without an FSA ID.
If you have accepted a Direct Loan (Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized) you must complete two electronic processes Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note (MPN):
- LOG IN at https://studentloans.gov
- Select the “Complete Loan Counseling (Entrance, Financial Awareness, Exit)" link.
- Click on the “Start” button to the right of Entrance Counseling.
- Once you have completed Entrance Counseling click on the link to “Complete a Master Promissory Note” at the bottom of the page. Or, from the main menu after logging in you can select the "Complete Master Promissory Note" link. Please note that the Master Promissory Note requirement will not reflect as "satisfied" in MyFSU until mid-June.
Perkins/Nursing/Health Professions Loans
Perkins Loan borrowers must complete a Perkins Loan Promissory Note and sign a Disclosure Statement.
Each academic year Perkins loan requirement cannot be completed until approximately July 1. When you are able to complete the requirements you will receive an email from SignMyLoan.com; until you receive that email you will see an error message if you attempt to log in.
- Sign in at SignMyLoan.com once you receive your email
- First time recipients of the loan must "Create Online Account", returning users can use their previous Username and Password.
- When Creating Online Account, refer to this Instruction Sheet for specific instructions and important tips!
- The FSA ID is not valid on the UAS website.
Average Loan Debt of 2015/2016 Ferris graduates according to degree level