The Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning’s aim is to support all who teach at and for Ferris State University. We do this – individually and collaboratively – by responding to and meeting the needs and interests of individual faculty, academic units, and the broader University community.
August 13-17, 2018
The New Faculty Orientation Week (NFOW) was established in 1999 as part of the University's commitment to helping you make smooth and positive transitions to Ferris State, and to successfully advance students' development and learning. The week-long orientation is complemented by the New Faculty Transition Program that continues throughout the Fall and Spring semesters. Together, the New Faculty Orientation and New Faculty Transition programs share the following goals:
- To enable you to cultivate stimulating, student-centered, and inclusive learning environments;
- To assist you in establishing peer relationships that can support and enhance your personal and professional growth and development;
- To support and enhance your engagement or participation in the University community;
- To enable you to gain and successfully use knowledge about the University's mission, goals, core values, processes, and students;
- To enable you to gain knowledge of and successfully use University resources (e.g., FLITE, Academic Support Services, instructional technologies, and support personnel); and
- To assist you in making a positive transition into the FSU academic community.