Health Professions Loans are available to students enrolled in either the College of Pharmacy or the Michigan College of Optometry only. Funding for these loans is extremely limited and offered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Health Professions Loan:
- Student must be enrolled full-time (9 or more credit hours) in the College of Pharmacy or Michigan College of Optometry
- Must complete the FAFSA with parental information (regardless of age or dependency status)
- Interest rate is 5% fixed - No interest until repayment
- Funds are sent directly to the school
- Repayment begins one year after graduation or leaving the curriculum
- Loan amounts are limited and vary
- Students in eligible programs will be notified when applications become available
To Apply for the Health Professions Loan:
Applications for 2017-18 Health Professions Loans for Pharmacy or Optometry will be available in mid-June. Students in these programs will receive an email with the application release date.