Fall Luncheon - Friday, November 9, 2018
Ferris State University has the honor of hosting the annual ACE Women’s Network Women of Color Collaborative (WOCC) Luncheon. The ACE Women’s Network is a national system of networks within each state, whose objective is to develop programs that identify, develop, encourage, advance, link, and support (IDEALS) women in higher education careers within that state. The WOCC is a collaborative within the network aimed at providing a forum and means of support for women of color employed in faculty, administrative staff and leadership roles at Michigan’s colleges and universities.
The annual Women of Color Collaborative Fall Luncheon is scheduled for Friday, November 9, 2018 at Ferris State University in Big Rapids, MI. The theme of the 2018 Luncheon is “Let’s Talk About It” and will include lunch, deliberative dialogues, optional tours of the Museum of Sexist Objects, the Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia, and networking opportunities. The keynote speaker is Ana L. Ramirez-Saenz, who is a member of the Ferris State University Board of Trustees.
Ana Ramirez-Saenz is CEO and owner of La Fuente Consulting LLC, diversity and inclusion consultancy, established in 2000. She was previously the marketing and training manager for Steelcase Financial and an assistant product manager for Turnstone, at Steelcase Inc.
As the founder and CEO of La Fuente Consulting, an organizational development consultancy, Ana L. Ramírez-Sáenz is on a MISSION to bridge cultures and to simplify communication in the workplace, in the community, and in personal spaces. She guides executives through the cultural transformation process to develop inclusive, equitable and welcoming work environments. Ana believes that this can only be achieved through fostering an open, positive and respectful culture where all are accepted, valued and able to contribute to their full potential.
IGNITE The Power of Your Communication!
Ana Ramirez-Saenz is on a mission to bridge cultures and simplify communication in the workplace, in community and personal spaces. As an inclusion and equity strategist, tackling the very issues that may create barriers to positive and effective communication is no easy feat! As a consultant without formal authority or hierarchical power within client organizations, for over 18 years she has influenced, impacted cultural transformation, and has been able to IGNITE positive communication to create welcoming and inclusive work environments.
Ana’s keynote will share effective ways to communicate with confidence, clarity and authority; simply how to IGNITE your personal communication style to be authentic and strengthen interpersonal relationships. Through her warm and inviting style, she will share personal stories, give you concrete nuggets and show you how your voice, your most valuable asset, will help you connect, relate and positively communicate to achieve your personal and professional goals!
This year, the annual WOCC luncheon will include optional museum tours should you want to come early, stay late, or both.
Registration is open until Friday, October 26, 2018. Tickets are $70.
- Go to the registration site.
- Click on the Register/Sign In Now button on the bottom-right.
- If you are a new registrant, click the Create Account button at the bottom of the screen. If you already have an account, you can log in by entering your user name and password.
- After you have logged in, add the course to the cart.
- If you're paying with a PO, check the Pay by PO box (learn more about payment options). Click the Check Out button to continue.
- Select your preferences for the day (meal, tours) and click Next.
- To check out, you will need to click the box to acknowledge that you have read the "Conditions of the Refund Policy” and then select Place Order. If payment is needed, you will be prompted to select the payment method. You will only be able to pay with a credit card online and you will be directed to TouchNet, a secure payment site where your credit card information will be processed.
- Once the payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation email confirming your registration for the luncheon.
The new University Center is located in the heart of campus located at 805 Campus Drive, Big Rapids, MI 49307. You may click here for driving directions or click here to download the campus map. Luncheon attendees will not be ticketed while parked at the University Center Parking Lot 1 during this event.
We know that Big Rapids may be quite a distance for you to travel in one day. If you would like to come early and stay the night, book your hotel room early. There are several hotels to choose from:
WOCC Luncheon rate: $95 per night
1005 Perry Ave, Big Rapids, MI 49307
Holiday Inn Website
WOCC Luncheon rate: $96
15320 Waldron Way, Big Rapids, MI 49307
Hampton Inn Website
WOCC Luncheon rate: $120
15344 Waldron Way, Big Rapids, MI 49307
Country Inn Website
If you have questions, please feel free to email WOCC@ferris.edu.