Banner 9 is coming to Ferris in May 2018!
The upgraded internet-native Banner experience will result in an improved user interface and navigation experience.
Processes currently conducted in Banner 8 INB will be the same in Banner 9, the primary change will be how users navigate the system. Other highlights include:
- An improved search functionality that allows for searches by page name, process or
function, and side navigation folders.
- Color-coded notifications that are more informative and visible.
- Admin Page (Forms) names will not change (ex. SPAIDEN).
- Related pages are easier to find and access.
NOTE: Self-Serve Banner is not changing at this time.
Implementation begins the week of May 14, 2018.
Up to date information can be found in MyFSU:
Employee Tab > My Workplace > Banner 9 Portlet
In the Portlet you can get a video sneak peek of the Navigation from Ellucian.
New keyboard shortcuts for Banner 9 are also in the Portlet. Save them today so you are ready for the transition.
Information Sessions covering the Banner 9 Admin Pages (formerly INB) will be held in April and May 2018.
Dates and times will be announced soon.
- An improved search functionality that allows for searches by page name, process or function, and side navigation folders.
Presented by: Nicole Lintemuth, Finance & Gabi Hagen, Disbursements
If you use Banner INB, you won't want to miss this session! Banner 9 implementation starts on May 9th. All Banner INB users are encouraged to attend one of the information sessions.
Location: University Center room 202C
- April 24th from 3:00 to 4:00 pm
- April 25th from 11:00 am to noon
Via Bb Collaborate. These sessions are intended for off-campus personnel.
- May 3rd from 2:00 to 3:00 pm
- May 8th from 9:00 am to 10:00 am
Location: KCAD, 17 Fountain Street, room 212
- May 16th from 1:00 to 2:00 pm
- June 13th from 2:00 to 3:00 pm
During this session, you will have an opportunity to see the new Banner 9 interface and explore the navigation differences between Banner 8 and Banner 9 INB. Tips and tricks will be shared that will make the transition easier for you.
Anyone with a disability who needs special accommodations to attend this event should call 231-591-2112 at least 72 hours in advance.