Enterprise & Application Services (EAS) is a third level support group that has a wide variety of duties in support of the University's servers and systems.
- Host the enterprise Windows and Linux-based servers (Dell and virtual)
- Manage authentication services (Active Directory and Linux LDAP)
- Support University Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases
- Support enterprise applications (MyFSU, Banner, Blackboard, and the list goes on!)
- Use reporting tools to create custom reports
We are proud to be a part of the foundation of Ferris State University to provide a great educational and working environment for our students, faculty, and staff.
There are four teams that make up EAS, each has its own functional specialties:
- Are responsible for working with customers to upgrade, enhance, and analyze FSU's enterprise and department applications
- Are responsible for the support of Banner, MyFSU, WebFocus, Kronos and approximately 50 other applications
- Are responsible for EAS project management
- Are responsible for enterprise wide reporting
- Are responsible for website application support
- Are responsible for integration between applications
- Are responsible for the data center
- Are responsible for Active Directory
- Are responsible for the Storage Area Network
- Are responsible for quoting out, adding, moving and decommissioning hardware
- Are responsible for implementing and monitoring backups
- Are responsible for implementing and monitoring the virtual environment
- Are responsible for the support of enterprise email/calendaring
- Are responsible for the application support of Blackboard including all upgrades
- Are responsible for all of the associated Building Blocks (add on modules to Blackboard) including all upgrades
- Are responsible for Tegrity installation, support, and upgrades
- Are responsible for the automation and manual creation of all course shells in Blackboard
- Are responsible for working directly with both faculty, staff, and student customers related to Blackboard and its associated applications
- Are responsible for managing the Blackboard website
- Are responsible for all in-house database installation, configuration, and administration
- Are responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Assist in the installation and patching of vendor supported applications
- Are responsible for repairing hardware
- Are responsible for identifying data retention for backups
Name Number Title Office Bouvrette, Jacob (231) 591-5338 Senior Systems Administrator WES-121C Burdick, John (231) 591-3692 Applications Database Analyst WES-206 Claerhout, Scott (231) 591-2404 Process Automation Specialist WES-205 Cook, Jim (231) 591-3565 IT Projects Manager WES-213 Costello, Steven (231) 591-5617 Mobile Application Specialist WES-215 DePew, Mike (231) 591-2073 Senior IT Application Analyst WES-209 Deur, Vicky (231) 591-2133 Applications Project Manager WES-203 Frebes, Pat (231) 591-3108 Senior Application Database Analyst WES-201 Hilliker, Jim (231) 591-2687 Systems Administrator WES-121E Holmes, Mary (231) 591-2067 Coordinator of Applications WES-214 Johnston, Rob (231) 591-3687 Application Analyst MCO-140J Keusch, Kris (231) 591-2136 Senior IT Application Analyst WES-206 Lewis, Lynn (231) 591-2148 Junior Systems Administrator WES-121D Morse, Kiefer (231) 591-3533 Systems Administrator WES-121A Rendel, Lori (231) 591-2142 Coordinator of Architecture WES-121B Silberkleit, Marc (231) 591-3881 Senior Systems Administrator WES-206 Snow, Amber (231) 591-2818 IT Application Analyst WES-212 Steffens, David (231) 591-2720 Database Administrator WES-210 Waanders, Sean (231) 591-2146 Senior Systems Administrator WES-121A Wilk, Mark (231) 591-5348 Process Automation Specialist WES-205 Williams, Ralph (231) 591-2149 Director of Enterprise & Application Services WES-217D
For more information about Blackboard specifcally, please go to our Blackboard Webpage.
For more information about WebFOCUS reporting, please go to our WebFOCUS Reporting Webpage
For more information about our Ferris Go Mobile App, please go to our Ferris Go Webpage.
If you have any questions about our services please contact the Technology Assistance Center (TAC) at 231-591-4822.