MyScholarships is an online scholarship application system that allows students to apply for scholarship opportunities that are awarded by Ferris State University. In 2015-16, Ferris State awarded 1447 scholarships for a total of $2,333,000.
All admitted students are eligible to apply for MyScholarships. The system is typically available from mid-December to the end of February, to apply for scholarships for the following academic year.
How to use MyScholarships:
- Log in to MyFSU, Student tab, select the Financial Aid icon, in the Scholarships section, select MyScholarships - The Ferris Scholarship Search Database
- Admitted students may log in to MyScholarships and complete a general application
- MyScholarships will compare your application to possible scholarship opportunities
- Review the list of "recommended opportunities"
- Complete any supplemental questions or submit essays as required. Essays must be original. Any student who is found to have plagiarized an essay will be disqualified for all scholarship applications and referred to the Office Of Student Conduct.
- Log back in to track the status of applications - here's a list of status definitions:
Awarded – Congratulations you have been awarded this scholarship! Check your award in MyFSU for award details
Reviewed Not Selected – You were not a successful candidate for this opportunity
Drafted – You did not submit this application
Submitted – Still under review by the awarding committee
If you were one of the successful applicants for a scholarship that has already been awarded, you will be able to view the scholarship award in your Award Offer in MyFSU. If you have been awarded a scholarship, you will receive separate notification from the office or college who awarded you the scholarship.
You may also view the current status of all scholarship opportunities that you applied for by logging into MyScholarships (MyFSU, Academics and Services, Financial Aid Forms and Links, select My Scholarships.)