Ferris State University’s Lambda Alpha Epsilon chapter is continuing its food drive at various campus locations, through Monday, Nov. 20. Collected items will be divided between two organizations, Manna Pantry and Community Mental Health for Central Michigan New Journey Clubhouse.
“The donations will benefit people recovering from substance abuse issues or mental illness, and others who simply cannot afford to feed their families during the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday,” said Landry Shorkey, food drive coordinator. “We feel that every family deserves to have a Thanksgiving, and students have the opportunity to help make that happen.”
Donations should be non-perishable food and drink items, but can also be monetary. Items can be dropped off in room 219 of Bishop Hall, or at the following remaining collection tables in the University Center, Interdisciplinary Resource Center (IRC) and FLITE:
- Thursday, Nov. 9: 2 to 4 p.m. in the UC upper-level
- Monday, Nov. 13: 2 to 4 p.m. in the IRC connector
- Tuesday, Nov. 14: 2 to 4 p.m. in the IRC connector
- Thursday, Nov. 16: 2 to 4 p.m. in the IRC connector
- Monday, Nov. 20: 2 to 6 p.m. in the FLITE lobby
For questions about the food drive, you may contact Shorkey at firstname.lastname@example.org.