Ferris State University’s Alumni Association will offer several engagement opportunities, nationally, for its alumni this winter.
Jeremy Mishler, director of Alumni Relations and executive director of the Alumni Association, looks forward to these events to meet with alumni who live in other states, but are still Bulldogs at heart.
“Engagement activities, hosted in our most active regions in Michigan and throughout the country, are critical as they encourage alumni to network with each other,” Mishler said. “These events also foster an environment where alumni are informed about and can take action to directly support the growth, change and challenges of Ferris State University.”
Here are upcoming events hosted by the Alumni Association:
Great Lakes Invitational Pregame Reception
- When: Sunday, Dec. 28 at 5 to 7 p.m.
- Where: Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Mich.
- What: The Alumni Association will be hosting a pregame reception before the Bulldogs hockey team takes on the Michigan State Spartans. Light snacks will be provided in addition to a cash bar. No reservations are needed to attend the reception. Advance tickets are available through Ticketmaster and/or by calling the Ferris Athletics Ticket Office at (231) 591-2888.
Naples Pro-Am Golf Tournament and Alumni Dinner
- When: Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015 from 1 to 9 p.m.
- Where: Wyndemere Country Club in Naples, Fla.
- What: The day will begin with an 18-Hole Better Ball of Partners’ golf outing to benefit future golf, tennis and turf grass interns. The cost for members is $125, non-members is $175 and professionals receive a reduced rate of $100. To register for the golf outing, contact Perry Smith at (239) 263-1700. The annual Alumni, Emeriti and Friends dinner will follow. The reception begins at 6 p.m. with dinner immediately following at 7 p.m. The cost is $45 per person. To register for the dinner, visit here.
Venice Alumni Luncheon
- When: Saturday, Jan. 24, 2015 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Where: Plantation Golf and Country Club in Venice, Fla.
- What: The Alumni Association would like to extend an invitation for you to attend the alumni and friends luncheon in Venice, Fla. Social hour begins at 11 a.m. followed by the luncheon at noon. A program will follow immediately at 1 p.m. to round out the luncheon. Cost per person is $25. To register, visit here.
Mile High Bulldogs in Denver
- When: Thursday, Feb. 5, 2015 from 7 to 10 p.m.
- Where: Pepsi Center in Denver, Colo.
- What: Watch the Colorado Avalanche take on the Detroit Red Wings on Feb. 5. VIP seats
are being offered for a limited rate of $75. Many prizes will also be available including
a Zamboni ride, and “Penalty Box” seats during warmups. To purchase your tickets visit