The Mission of the Pharmacy Practice Department is to improve health care through the delivery of innovational pharmacy practice education, patient-centered care, service and scholarly activity.
We achieve this mission by:
- Preparing students to be effective practitioners for the 21st century through a curriculum that balances both classroom and experiential education using a variety of validated pedagogical techniques
- Appointing and retaining well trained faculty that can create and maintain progressive practice models
- Supporting the development and advancement of faculty through strong mentorship and educational endeavors
- Engaging students in an interdisciplinary approach to patient-centered pharmacotherapy and public health
- Inspiring professional and academic citizenship
- Developing clinical practitioners capable of discovery, dissemination and integration of new knowledge in practice and teaching