Ferris Youth Initiative Scholarship
Recipients of the FYI scholarship receive up to $4,000 per year, to be applied to any direct costs at Ferris (such as tuition and fees, room and board, and textbooks and supplies). Applicants are advised to apply early, as the FYI program is limited to 30 students.
The scholarship is available to current and new students who:
- have been admitted to Ferris;
- are 24 years of age or younger on January 1 of the enrollment year;
- submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- demonstrate unmet need as determined by the FAFSA;
Successfully complete a background check/review to verify my eligibility for the scholarship and suitability for the scholars program;
- enroll in and attend classes on the Big Rapids campus; and
- reside in on-campus housing for the first year in the FYI program.
participate in group activities and individual meetings;
meet regularly with an assigned mentor;
participate in academic monitoring;
meet regularly with an academic advisor;
maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by FAFSA;
abide by the Code of Student Community Standards; and
the Independent Living Life Skills Coach is available to work individually with students to find safe, clean, and affordable housing should a student decide to not live on campus.
The FYI scholarship can be renewed as long as the student files a FAFSA each year and meets FYI Program Requirements.
FYI Contacts for Further Information
Coordinator of Independent Living/
|Vice President for Diversity & Inclusion/
FYI Program Advisor