It is the responsibility and intent of Ferris State University to protect the health and safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors while engaged in the educational and business activities of the University. To this end the University will provide the necessary services and controls to promote, create and maintain a safe and healthful campus environment and operations. The purpose of this policy statement is to establish the University's commitment to campus environmental health and safety.
- National Safety Council (NSC) Member Resources – Contact Mike McKay to gain access to member site content. FSU is a Member of the NSC.
- Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration – Publication and safety regulations
- Bloodborne Infectious Disease Fact Sheet
- Bloodborne Pathogen Policy
- Medical Waste Management Policy
- Sample Bloodborne Infectious Diseases Exposure Control Plan for Health Care Facilities
- Sample Bloodborne Infectious Diseases Exposure Control Plan for Employers with Limited Employee Exposure
- Medical Offices MIOSHA Standards Requirements
Your working environment should be comfortable to work in. Many employees experience discomfort or pain while sitting because of improperly positioned chairs, desks, or furniture.
Work station assessments can be requested via email to Mike McKay at MikeMcKay@ferris.edu
Mike can help you assess how you can better configure your workspace to meet your ergonomic needs.