In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education Committee, the Quantitative Literacy competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Quantitative Literacy course proposals;
- Monitoring Quantitative Literacy assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Quantitative Literacy courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Quantitative Literacy courses.
The Quantitative Literacy committee consists of three members from Mathematics and three members from units other than the College of Arts and Sciences. Memberships are for three year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2016/2017 academic year)
- Victor Piercey, CAS - Mathematics (chair)
- Jerome Trouba, CAS - Mathematics
- Joe Tripp, CAS - Mathematics
- Mike Cooper, COB
- Vanessa Wyss, COEHS
- Gail Bullard, COHP