In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education Committee, the Natural Sciences competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Natural Sciences course proposals;
- Monitoring Natural Sciences assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Natural Sciences courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Natural Sciences courses.
The Natural Sciences committee consists of three members from the Physical Sciences or Biological Sciences (at least one from each) and three members from units other than the College of Arts and Sciences. Memberships are for three year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2016/2017 academic year)
- Charles Bacon, CAS - Physical Sciences (chair)
- Mary Murnik, CAS - Biological Sciences
- Chris Westercamp, CAS - Biological Sciences
- David Marion, COB
- Amy Kavanaugh, COEHS
- Dan DeRegnier, COHP