In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education Committee, the Diversity competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Diversity course proposals;
- Monitoring Diversity assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Diversity courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Diversity courses.
The Diversity committee consists of one member each from Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences, and English, Literature, and World Languages, three members from units other than the College of Arts and Sciences, and the Chairperson or a designee from both the Senate Diversity Committee and the Senate International Education Committee. Memberships are for three-year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2016/2017 academic year)
- Rachel Foulk, CAS - Humanities (chair)
- Renato Cerdena, CAS - Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Gustavo Rodriguez-Moran, CAS - English, Literature, and World Languages
- David Kelson, COB
- Richard Goosen, CET
- Diane Nagelkirk, CET
- Antionette Epps, Senate International Education Committee
- Steven Karnes, Senate Diversity Committee