In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education Committee, the Culture competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Culture course proposals;
- Monitoring Culture assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Culture courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Culture courses.
The Culture committee consists of one member from English, Literature, and World Languages, two members from Humanities, and three members from units other than the College of Arts and Sciences. Memberships are for three year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2016/2017 academic year)
- John Gray, CAS - Humanities (chair)
- Jana Pisani, CAS - Humanities
- Rebecca Sammel, CAS - English, Literature, World Languages
- Paul Long, CET
- Jennifer Dirmeyer, COB
- Melinda Isler, FLITE