In collaboration with the General Education Coordinator and University General Education Committee, the Communication competency committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating new Communication course proposals;
- Monitoring Communication assessment activities;
- Reporting on evidence of student learning in Communication courses;
- Conducting periodic recertification of Communication courses.
The Communication committee consists of two members from the oral communication area, two members from English, Literature, and World Languages, one member representing Communication Across the Curriculum, and three members from units other than the College of Arts and Sciences. Memberships are for three year terms that expire at the end of the academic year.
Committee Members (2016/2017 academic year)
- Deb Courtwright-Nash, CAS - English, Literature, and World Languages (co-chair)
- Stephanie Thomson, CAS - Humanities (co-chair)
- Jody Ollenquist, CAS - English, Literature, and World Languages
- George Nagel, CAS - Humanities
- Mary Murnik, CAS - Communication Across the Curriculum
- Phil Kohn, COB
- Doug Zentz, CET
- Mari Kermit-Canfield, FLITE