Your Ferris Gmail Account & MyFSU
What You Need to Know
Your Gmail account is the only email we will use to communicate information about
registration, financial aid, student activities and class cancellations. For help
accessing your account, follow the “Help” link or contact Ferris’ technical assistance
The Financial Aid Office will ONLY use your Ferris email account to send you important information regarding your financial
aid. Be sure that you routinely check your FSU email account!
To Find Your Computing ID and Password
One week after receiving your acceptance notice, you can log on to your personal campus
information through MyFSU and send and receive university email. Follow these simple
instructions to log on.
- Start Internet Explorer or other browser (some functions will not work with Chrome)
- Go to www.ferris.edu/statewide
- Click on the MyFSU link near the lower right corner
- Select the "ID and Password Help" link
- Click the "Student/Alumni: click HERE:" link
- Provide both your student ID and birthdate
- Make a note of your user name and initial password (you will need to type "@student.local"
after your user name each time the password assistance system asks you for your user
- Set up your Challenge Questions
- Go to pwdhelp.ferris.eduto change your password (remember "@student.local" after entering your username)
To Access MyFSU
- Click on the MyFSU link near the lower right corner of this screen
- Type in your ID and password
Go to www.ferris.edu/financialaid/Tutorials/Tutorials.htm and check out the video link or quicksteps for MyFSU.
Forward Your Gmail to Another Email
Want to forward your student email to another account? Here’s how:
- Log onto MyFSU (myfsu.ferris.edu)
- Open the Email icon (upper right)
- Click the gear in the top right
- Select Settings
- Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
- Click on Add a forwarding address in the "Forwarding" section
- Enter the personal email address you want to forward to
- Click on verification link sent to personal email
- In Settings, Forwarding and Pop/IMAP, check that Forward a copy of incoming mail is selected and your email address is in the drop-down menu.
- In the second drop down menu, choose what you want done with your messages after they
are forwarded, such as keep Gmail copy in the Inbox or archive Gmail copy.
- Click Save Changes