Michael Wade is the Assistant Director for the Office of Multicultural Student Services at Ferris State University. Mr. Wade's position involves:
- Coordinate OMSS cultural programs and initiatives
- Implement the T.OW.E.R.S. Leadership Development Program
- Facilitate diversity workshops and presentations
- Facilitate College Day visits and student panel presentations coordinated through OMSS
- Serve as OMSS liaison on campus-wide committees focused on multiculturalism, diversity & inclusion, leadership development, minority recruitment & retention.
- Serve as Student Manager for OMSS student assistants
- Serve as Advisor/Co-Advisor for RSO's such as BLACK, Crimson Spotlight Dance Team, Alpha Phi Alpha, and Black Greek Council
- OMSS Advisor for the Finance Division of Student Government
Michael is a proud member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. and enjoys serving the community in any way he can. Michael's journey at Ferris State University began in 2001 as a student where he initially was a Desk Services Assistant at Brophy-McNerney Residence Hall. From 2004 to 2006, Michael worked as a Student Data Entry Assistant at the Office of Administration and Finance where he received first-hand exposure to administrative responsibilities at FSU.
Wade is an alumnus of Ferris State University graduating in 2006 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and a Minor in Human Resource Management. Michael is currently pursuing his Master's Degree in Career and Technical Education Postsecondary Administration.
In his spare time, Michael enjoys reading aspiring and motivational literature, participating in sports, as well as listening to a vast variety of music. Mike's favorite quote is: "Show Me Your Friends and I'll Show You Your Future!"