Sign up for Emergency Text Alerts
Ferris State University faculty, staff and students are invited to sign up to receive
official Ferris emergency text alerts so they are the first to know about time-sensitive
campus safety issues and closings due to weather or other disruptions.
To sign up, visit MyFSU and click on the link in the "Emergency Text Alerts" channel.
Enrollees should take note of the following:
- Enrollment is voluntary.
- Restricted use for immediate notification to students, faculty and staff.
- Short Message Service (SMS) Text messaging must be enabled on your cell phone account
to receive text messages.
- You are responsible for any text message charges that may be incurred from enrolling
in this service. The average cost is 15 cents per message depending on your plan and
- You will receive a monthly test message.
- Contact information you provide is kept confidential and won't be used for any other