- Book Holds
- Borrowing Privileges
- Circulation of Reference Items
- Course Reserves
- General Collection Fees
- Library Loan Periods
- Lost Books or Materials
- Magazine (Periodical) Take-out
- Patron Class
- Balcony Usage
- Bicycles, Roller Blades and Skateboards
- Food and Beverages
- Goldie T. Nott Room Use
- Paging via FLITE's Public Address System
- Smoking and Tobacco
- Unaccompanied Minors in FLITE
- Display Space Usage
- Laptop Computer Checkout
- Library Loan Periods
- Room Policies and Fees
- Study Rooms
- Table Reservations
- Test Proctoring
- Use of FLITE Rooms Without a Reservation
- Dress Code for all FLITE-based Student Employees
- Emeriti Services
- Private Solicitations to Individuals in FLITE
- Staff Attendance Guidelines
- Travel Reimbursement Guidelines
Room Policies and Fees
|Type I Spaces:
Room 442* (cap. 10)
Room 446 (cap. 20)
|Type II Spaces:
Room 133 (cap. 21)
Room 135 (cap. 21)
Room 214 (cap. 21)
Room 304 (cap. 20)
Room 438* (cap. 24)
|Type III Spaces:
Room 108 (cap. 21)
Room 110 (cap. 30)
Room 112 (cap. 30)
Room 114 (cap. 30)
These charges are for use between 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Monday-Friday. **Please note the following fee has been waived for the 2013-2014 year because of the University Center construction project.**A $12.00/hour staffing fee (two hours minimum) will be charged,
regardless of University affiliation, for the use of fourth floor
conference spaces outside that floor's regular 8:00 a.m. to 5:00
p.m. Monday through Friday open hours.
- Type I: Have no equipment available in the room.
- Type II: Have a presentation station with computer & projection system, but no student computers.
- Type III: Have a presentation station with computer & projection system and student workstations; printing capabilities are available through Papercut printing procedures.
FLITE Patron/User Categories
- A-- FSU-registered student organization, FSU-related faculty/staff committee/group, or University department using standard set-up, with no admission charge or fees associated with the event.
- B-- FSU-registered student organization, FSU-related faculty/staff committee/group, or University department using standard set-up, with any revenue or fees associated with the event. All regional and national conferences affiliated with University departments and/or student organizations.
- C-- Non-Profit Organizations with a federal tax-free number.
- D-- All other non-University groups.
Portable Equipment Available Upon Request
- » Laptop/notebook computers
- » Conference phone (calling card required)
- » GPS units
- » Lapel microphone
- » Stacking chairs
Regulations for Using FLITE Spaces and Equipment
- Reservations must be made at least one
week in advance. All reservations (except fourth floor conference
rooms) are on a first-come, first-serve basis. FLITE administration
reserves the right to accommodate groups in other FLITE spaces
in the event that unforeseen circumstances require conference
room use for FLITE-affiliated or upper-administrative (i.e., Presidential
or Academic Affairs Vice Presidential) purposes. See Instructional Studios Usage Policy for further information.
- Policies: The following policies may govern the use
of FLITE facilities and/or equipment: Business Policy Letter,
Business and Special Expense and Business Policy Letter, Policy
on the Use, Rental, Lease of University Facilities.
- Payment: Category B groups will be billed at the end of the month; category C & D groups will be billed prior to the event.
Fees may be paid via a University budget transfer, cash, or check. All checks should be made out
to: Ferris State University (FLITE).
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be made 48 hours prior
to the space utilization date.
- Food/Drinks: Groups reserving rooms should conform with the FLITE Food and Beverages Policy.
- Additional Fees:
- A cleanup fee of $25.00 may be assessed for excessive mess left in any FLITE spaces, regardless of University affiliation.
- Any damage to the facility/equipment will be charged to the sponsoring organization or person, regardless of University affiliation, at a minimum charge of $25.00 or actual cost.
- FLITE is not a conference facility. We do not have the staff
to make room configuration changes. If changes are made, the sponsoring
organization or person, regardless of University affiliation,
is responsible for returning furniture (workstations, tables,
chairs, etc.) configurations to their original setup. A $25.00
fee may be charged if any space is not returned to its original
- For categories C & D, a $25.00 flat fee will be charged for the set-up and removal of any and all additional equipment in each space.
- Laptop Use in FLITE Instructional Studios or Seminar Rooms: Requests to use FLITE laptops in conjunction with room reservations must be received 24 hours in advance of the scheduled event. Requests received with less than a 24-hour notice may not be honored based on laptop availability.
- Installation of Software in FLITE Instructional Studios or Seminar Rooms:
The technology offered in the FLITE Studios and Seminar rooms is provided by the
TAC. Realizing that FLITE serves all FSU
colleges and possibly external customers to the university, requests for software
loading in these spaces should be received two weeks in advance. (Last minute requests
for software loading may be honored with a minimum of 24-hour notice, in accordance
with room and resource availability for a service fee of $300 per software title.)
- Keys: Room keys are available at the FLITE Checkout Desk on the first
floor. A valid FSU picture ID is requested for checking out room keys. In lieu of an
FSU identification card, a picture ID will be required (i.e., driver's license).
- Supplies: Appropriate whiteboard marker kits are available for checkout at the Checkout Desk on the first floor and can be obtained when retrieving the room key.