MyPLACE Scholarship Program
The MyPLACE Program (My Program for Language and Culture Exchange) at Ferris State University matches international students, who are enrolled
in the West Michigan English Language Institute (WMELI), with FSU students who are
native speakers of English for group conversation and project-based activities. The
program is based on participation and leadership.
Applications for Fall 2015 are due by July 25, 2015.
Applications for Spring 2016 are due by December 5, 2015.
How can I benefit from this program?
- Earn Education Abroad Scholarships of up to $400 or $800 per semester.
- Gain leadership experience - each FSU student will act as a team leader for a group
of 5 WMELI students. As a group, you will complete projects which could include writing
blogs, articles, photos with captions, videos, designs, etc., which will then be compiled
into an online portfolio.
- Publish portfolio projects - select projects may be showcased on the Ferris State
University WMELI website in our own electronic publication.
How can I get involved?
- Fill out an application on the Office of International Education website.
- You must have completed at least one semester of full-time college coursework.
- You must have and maintain a GPA of 2.7 or higher.
- You must possess leadership qualities and enthusiasm for learning about new cultures!
- Any majors are welcome!
For more information contact:
Louis Arokiasamy, MyPLACE Coordinator
Office of International Education | IRC 134 | 1301 S. State Street | Big Rapids, MI
(231) 591-2813 | firstname.lastname@example.org