On Campus Housing
- All students with less than 20 years of age are required to live on campus
- Contracts - all housing contracts are binding for the year as long as the students
are enrolled at Ferris.
- Most housing contracts require a choice of a meal plan. The cost of the meal plan
varies depending on number of meals.
- Suite style – 2 students per room and 4 students per suite sharing a bathroom. Totally
furnished. One kitchen per hall. Not co-ed (students of same gender only per suite).
Most halls require that students get a meal plan for the campus cafeterias.
- Utilities, Internet, cable TV included
Apartments and Townhouses:
- 1, 2, or 3 bedroom apartments/townhouses. Unfurnished except for kitchen and bathroom.
One student per bedroom. Living room and kitchen in each apartment/townhouse. Different
genders allowed by special permit.
- Special family housing available for married couples and their families (proof of
- Utilities, Internet and cable TV included.
Application form for University Apartments.
Additional Housing Information
MyHousing is a new program were students will have a fully online Housing selection
experience. By navigating a 4-step process students will (1) read and electronically
sign their housing contracts, (2) pay their Housing contract guarantee (as needed),
(3) request specific rooms, roommates, buildings and living learning environments
and (4) choose the desired meal plan to complete their fully customized experience.
Students will have full control for selecting specific rooms and roommates or having
MyHousing randomly assign based on student provided preferences.
Students will access MyHousing through their MyFSU account and the University Life
tab. Ferris State students will be contacted via their MyFSU accounts to let them
know when it is time to begin the MyHousing process. Students are encouraged to keep
an eye on their Ferris State e-mail, MyFSU account and the Housing & Residence Life
web page www.ferris.edu/housing/myhousing.htm for further details. With this fully online experience students will no longer receive
or utilize paper contracts. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to contact
the Office of Housing and Residence Life with questions 231-591-3745.
To apply for housing please complete the following steps:
- Obtain the desired form by clicking on the respective link below.
- If you want to submit the form by fax or mail, simply print the form, complete it
and mail it to Ferris along with your other documents.
Off Campus Housing
Several different possibilities are available for students, including townhouses and
apartments to be shared. Costs vary from $350 - $600/person depending on number of
people in each apartment/house. Unfurnished, utilities and Internet connection might
or might not be included. Leases are usually one year long.