Scholarships available to students enrolled in Welding Engineering Technology Programs at Ferris State University are listed below. Please apply for all that you qualify for.
Ferris Scholarship Application
All in one, University wide application for students. Please click here (then sign in and fill the application out) It will display all the scholarships you qualify for.
John Deere NARS Annual Scholarship
Award amounts may vary
Divided equally between fall and spring semester
- Full-time student enrolled in either the FSU Electrical-Electronics Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Welding Engineering Technology programs with two to four semesters remaining until graduation
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Financial need is not considered
- Additional Criteria: Be eligible for permanent employment in the United States at the time of graduation
(9) $1,000 scholarships
Divided equally between fall and spring semesters
- Full-time senior majoring in the Welding Engineering Technology
- Minimum GPA 2.8
- Financial need is NOT required
- Preference given to students who have demonstrated leadership skills through participation with a FSU registered student organization, other professional/volunteer organizations or relevant industry experience.
- The recipient shall be selected by the Welding Engineering Technology Scholarship Committee
David R. Williamson Welding Engineering Scholarship
This new endowed scholarship will be available in 2018. Award amounts vary and are divided equally between fall and spring semesters. Scholarship selection is administered through the Office of Financial-aid and will be awarded to eligible students meeting the following criteria:
- Full-time undergraduate student enrolled in any Welding Engineering Technology program
- Earning first Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum ACT 21/SAT 980 and Minimum HS GPA of 3.0 for incoming students or Ferris GPA of 2.75
- Unmet Financial Need
- Given funding availability, current recipients may reapply for this scholarship the next academic year (for a maximum of four years) provided they have maintained scholarship eligibility and demonstrated satisfactory academic progress as specified by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Contact: Jeff Hardesty @ 231-591-2511
Outside Welding Engineering Technology Scholarships
Outside scholarships are not managed by Ferris State University. However, it is our intent to make students aware of additional funding opportunities. If you have questions regarding a scholarship listed below, please contact their administrator directly.
SECTION NAMED SCHOLARSHIPS
ASQ Grand Rapids Section 1001 Hans Bajaria Memorial BS QET Scholarship
Scholarship amount varies annually
[Outside Scholarship/not managed by Ferris]
- Full-time students enrolled in the Manufacturing or Welding Programs
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Financial need is not required
- Additional Requirements: Demonstrated student involvement in student/professional organizations
- must submit completed application (click here)
Dietrich and Betty Roth Scholarship
This scholarship is sponsored by Mr. and Mrs. Roth for a student pursuing a two-year or four-year degree in welding in the state of Michigan. The student must have completed their first year of higher education, be a full time student, and have a minimum overall GPA of 3.0. Proof of financial need is required. Preference will be given to students in the field of resistance welding. The deadline is March 15, of each calendar year for the fall semester. The award is $2,500. (Click here for an application)
For an application, please contact Vicki Pinsky at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-443-9353 x212.