Phone: (231) 591-2672
E-mail Address: KhagendraThapa@ferris.edu
B.SC. (Honors) CNAA in Land Surveying
Sciences, University of East London.
B.SC. in Mathematics, Statistics, and
Physics, Tribhuvan University.
M.SC.E. in Surveying Engineering,
University of New Brunswick.
M.S. in Geodetic Science, The Ohio State University.
Ph.D. in Geodetic Science, The Ohio State University.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Ferris State University Distinguished Teacher Award 2008
- Received Ralph Moore Berry Education Award from Michigan Society of Professional
Surveyors, February, 2008.
- Received Certificate of Appreciation from the US Dept. of Labor May, 2008
- Appointed Commissioner of Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET),
- Outstanding Service Award by Association of Nepalese in Midwest America in May,
- FSU Distinguished Teacher Award Finalist, 2002
- Education Outreach Award from IMAGIN, 2002
- Ferris State University, Provost Award for Excellence, 1997
- Distinguished Faculty Award from Michigan Association of Governing Boards (MAGB)
For Extraordinary Contributions to Michigan Higher Education, Lansing, MI. 1996
- Recognized by both Michigan House and the Senate as a Distinguished Faculty for
Contribution to Michigan's Higher Education
- Certificate of Recognition by the Board of Control of Ferris State University, January,
1995 and March, 1996
- Construction Department "Spark Plug Award" given by the Dean of the College of Engineering
Technology in 1989
Field Work Experience
Topographic survey, Geodetic Leveling, Monitoring survey, Provide control for large
scale photogrammetry, Triangulation, Hydrographic survey, Geodetic astronomy,
and GPS survey.
Office : JOH-422
Phone: (231) 591-5365
B.A. Aquinas College
M.S. in Surveying Engineering, Purdue University
Professional Surveyor, Michigan and Wisconsin.
Office : JOH-409
Phone: (231) 591-3115
E-mail Address: GaborBarsai@ferris.edu
Education: Ph.D. in Mapping/GIS,
The Ohio State University
Professional Experience: Gabor Barsai has
worked in the fields of surveying and
mapping as a GPS (Global Positioning
System) and GIS (Geographic
Information System) professional.
His GPS experience includes geodetic
control surveys, boundary location
and topographic surveys where he
has served as instrument operator
and in positions of responsible charge,
and as application developer to process the
data; as a GIS professional, Mr. Barsai has
served as a GIS consultant, GIS manager,
and application developer with international
experience in both GPS and GIS, including
teaching and conference presentations and simultaneous translator for several organizations.
Conference presentations include ISPRS, ASPRS, ACSM.
Office : JOH-406
Phone: (231) 591-2035
E-mail Address: SagarDeshpande@ferris.edu
Education: B.E. in Civil Engineering, University of Mumbai M.Tech. in Geoinformatic, Indian Institute
of Technology, Kanpur M.S. in Geodetic Science, The Ohio State University
Professional Licenses/Certifications: Professional Engineer, Maryland. Certified Photogrammetrist (ASPRS) Certified GIS
Professional (GISCI) Certified Floodplain Manager, (ASFPM)