From the Dean
We are pleased with your interest in our nationally-accredited College of Business. Here you will find vital and relevant programs that expand your knowledge and skills, enabling you to meet the current and future needs and expectations of the workplace.
Though we have about 2,800 students in the College of Business, you will find yourself in small classes (about 26 students in the average class) where appropriately credentialed faculty (not grad assistants) truly care about your learning experience. In most classes, your instructor will bring to the subject real-world perspective drawn from her/his personal workplace experience. This facilitates your ‘on time’ graduation – based on our most recent graduation data, 91% of those who entered as Freshman and graduated with Bachelor degrees, did so in 5 or less years.
The diversity of our programs ensures that you will find a learning experience specifically suited for you. Many are unique in the state; some, in the country; particularly in their combination of specialized skills and business fundamentals. Whether you are interested in one of our Master, Bachelor, or Associate degree programs, a Minor in a business field, or a specialized Certificate, we likely have a path that fits your needs. We also provide you with a variety of course delivery options: face-to-face, on-line, or a blend of the two.
We in the FSU College of Business are proud of what we offer, and proud of the students who graduate from our programs. We hope you choose to be one of them.
Leadership Advisory Board
We appreciate the informed counsel of the following advisors who support the college in its effort to provide our students with the curricular and experiential foundation that will promote their career success.
- Fritz Beiermeister, Retired (previously, Director of Business Sales & Marketing, OnStar)
- Charles Christmas, SVP/CFO, Mercantile Bank
- John Hare, Retired (previously, President, ABC Radio)
- Jeff Harrold, CEO, Auto-Owners Insurance
- Mary Anne Jones, VP/CFO, Priority Health
- Edmund LaCross, Retired (previously Director of Tax, Affinia Group, Inc.; Dow Chemical)
- Dennis Lerner, Partner, Lerner, Csernai & Fath Financial Group
- Kimberly Lindsey-Feagin, Manager, Government & Community Affairs, Robert Bosch, LLC
- Patrick O’Hare, SVP/CIO, Spectrum Health System
David M. Nicol
Dean, College of Business