New & Noteworthy
College of Business Students Recognized for Excellence
July 19, 2018
The College of Business recently recognized 20 outstanding upperclassmen by presenting them with Student Excellence Awards.
On Friday, April 27, 2018, recipients were treated to a catered dinner and a speech from
Denny Lerner (Marketing ‘70), College of Business Leadership Advisory Board member and Partner at Lerner, Csernai & Fath Financial Group. The professors who nominated the students spoke about their accomplishments and presented them with a plaque marking the honor.
The full list of students recognized is below, organized by department.
Accountancy, Finance & Information Systems Department
- Stephen Eischens, Accountancy/Computer Information Systems, Presenter: Jean Inabinett
- Jordan Dawkins, Accountancy/Finance, Presenter: Jean Inabinett
- Simon Levy, Accountancy/Finance, Presenter: Jean Inabinett
- Savannah Dunham, Accountancy, Presenter: Jean Inabinett
- Joshua Peplinski, Finance, Presenter: Vivian Nazar
- Gregory Fleming, Business Administration, Presenter: Cathy Belkowski
- Christopher Triffo, Business Administration, Presenter: Cathy Browers
- Patrick Maloney, Accountancy/Business Administration with Legal Studies, Presenter: Gayle Lopez
- Nicholas Ward, Business Administration with Legal Studies, Presenter: Emily Fransted
- Kelly Babcock, Business Administration with Professional Track, Presenter: Alex Cartwright
- Jennifer Bancino, Graphic Design, Presenter: Tim Powers
- Natalie Dixon, Graphic Design, Presenter: Alison Popp-Meier
- Mckenna Mcintyre, Graphic Design, Presenter: Nicolas Mata
- Hannah Evo, Marketing, Presenter: Jina Rockwell
- Alysha West, Public Relations, Presenter: Leslie Sukup
Sports, Entertainment & Hospitality Management Department
- Sarah Nagel, Hospitality Management, Presenter: Kathryn Wolfer
- Bianca Broniec, Music Industry Management, Presenter: Paul Kwant
- Alexandra Fiolek, Music Industry Management, Presenter: Paul Kwant
- Reanna Kettle, Music Industry Management, Presenter: Paul Kwant
- Kathleen Reuter, Music Industry Management, Presenter: Leslie Sukup
These students represent the top three percent of seniors in the College of Business. Undergraduates may be nominated for a Student Excellence Award if they have earned 90 or more total semester credits, show evidence of intellectual growth, academic performance, significant contributions and/or involvement in extracurricular activities, and hold an overall GPA of at least 3.25. Professors nominate students whom they feel have excelled in all aspects of their college career.
Photos from the 2018 Student Excellence Awards Ceremony can be found on the Ferris SmugMug.