- Customer and Market Systems and Analysis
- Global Business
- Organizational Leadership and Corporate Citizenship
- Process and Value Stream Management Systems
- Strategic Planning Systems
- Master of Business Administration (Graduate)
- MBA/Design and Innovation Management (Graduate)
- Accountancy CPA/MBA (Graduate-dual)
- PharmD/MBA (Graduate-dual)
- Advanced Studies in Business Intelligence (Graduate-certificate)
- Advanced Studies in Design and Innovation Management (Graduate-certificate)
- Advanced Studies in Incident Response (Graduate-certificate)
- Advanced Studies in Project Management (Graduate-certificate)
- Online with weekends
This program combines a strong core curriculum focused on key business competencies with deeper learning in a specialty the student chooses. Students can prepare for careers or advancement in many fields, including health care, manufacturing, sales, and more. The core courses develop team and management skills to improve organizational performance in accounting, finance, leadership, strategy, economics, statistics, marketing, legal, the global environment, information systems, and operations.
Students can tailor their educational experiences to their individual professional interests by choosing one of our specialization areas: Project Management, Lean Systems and Leadership, Business Intelligence, Performance Metrics, Design and Innovation Management, Supply Chain Management and Lean Logistics, and Incident Response. Our advisors can also work with a student to design an individualized concentration.
The innovative learning environment combines online education with the opportunity to engage in traditional face-to-face instruction, enabling students to design a degree-completion plan that works for their individual needs. Students may begin the program any semester, can complete the program entirely online, and can adjust their course load in response to changing professional or personal demands. Full-time students can complete the degree in 24 months, accelerated students in as few as 16.
A student-designed consultancy project enables students to produce real business research under the direction of qualified faculty.
This program will qualify and apply for ACBSP professional accreditation upon graduation of its first cohort.
New & Noteworthy
Alison Popp and Lisa Eshbach Earn Faculty Excellence Awards
March 10, 2015
The College of Business recently recognized two outstanding professors with the Sytsma Award for Faculty Excellence. Designed to “promote, encourage, recognize and reward faculty performance, excellence, and improvement,” this award comes with a $500 grant made possible by a gift from… Read more »
Economics Professor’s Essay Wins Austrian Award
January 22, 2015
An essay by Economics professor Dr. David Hebert has won first prize in the 7th International Vernon Smith competition, sponsored by the European Center of Austrian Economics Foundation (ECAEF). The competition is open to economists under 30; the goal is… Read more »
Online Graduate Business Programs Recognized by U.S. News and World Report
January 18, 2013
Ferris State University’s online graduate business programs rank among the nation’s best, according to U.S. News and World Report’s Top Online Education rankings. Ferris ranked 54 out of 213 schools listed in the prestigious news magazine’s report released this week. The College of… Read more »
Minimum Requirements for Enrollment
- An earned bachelor degree from a regionally accredited university with an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4-point scale.
- GMAT score of 580 or higher, or GRE score in the upper 50th percentile with the analytical writing score at 2.5 or higher. (Waiver of test requirement will be considered if applicant has completed another Masters or Professional Degree, or if the applicant has earned their Bachelor degree with a 3.5 or better GPA).
Admission to a graduate program is granted to students showing high promise of success. The College of Business uses various measures of high promise including the candidate’s performance on the graduate admission test and upper-division grade-point average. Such measures, along with other reasonable indications of promise, will be used in combination to arrive at a final judgment.
To be considered for admission to the MBA Program, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed application (Free on-line application can be completed at ferris.edu/admissions/application).
- Official course transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate colleges and universities previously attended, which include confirmation of a Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited university with an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Competencies in Statistics, Accounting and Finance, and Marketing as evidenced by a C or better grade in relevant coursework or 80% or better score on IvySoftware competency exams. These exams are available at no cost to MBA applicants.
- A current resume
- A Statement of Purpose, approximately one page typed, explaining your reasons for seeking admission into the program you have selected. Your Statement of Purpose should show that you have taken steps to learn about our programs and are familiar with and prepared for on-line or mixed-delivery, accelerated courses. You should also explain what factors have influenced your decision to apply, and how this degree will help you achieve your short-term and long-term career goals.
- Three academic or professional recommendation letters attesting to your ability to succeed in graduate level studies.
- Official GMAT score of 580 or higher, OR GRE score in the upper 50% with a 2.5 or higher on the analytical writing portion. (Waiver of test requirement will be considered if applicant has completed a previous Master’s or Professional Degree or if the applicant has earned a Bachelor degree with a 3.5 or better GPA).
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Copy of identification page(s) of your passport.
- Confidential Financial Statement signed by you or your sponsor (on page 4 of this application).
- Original official bank statement from you or your sponsor representing funds for at least one academic year.
- Proof of English proficiency
– TOEFL score of 70 on Internet based test with a writing sub score of 22 or higher
– IELTS score of 6.5 with writing sub score of 6.0 or higher
Application Due Dates
- February 15 – for starting summer semester in May
- June 15 – for starting fall semester in August
- October 15 – for starting winter semester in January
Applications may be accepted past deadlines if no international mailing or application for Visa is required.
Application Files should be mailed to:
US CITIZEN APPLICATION:
College of Business Graduate Programs
119 South Street, BUS 212B
Ferris State University
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2284
Other contact information:
Telephone: (231) 591-2168
FAX: (231) 591-3548
Ferris State University
1301 S. State Street, IRC 134
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2737 USA
Other contact information:
Telephone: (231) 591-3915
FAX: (231) 591-2423
When all required materials are received, the Graduate Committee will review only complete application files, and notify applicants by email of the admissions decision.
Inquiries about the CBGP programs:
©1997-2015 COB Graduate Program, Ferris State University. All Rights Reserved.
College of Business Graduate Programs, BUS 212B
119 South Street Big Rapids, MI 49307-2284, USA