Academic Dismissal Policy
Academic Dismissal Policy:
A student may be academically dismissed whenever any one of the following conditions is met:
- Failure in 50 percent (50%) or more credit hours in any semester.
- After two consecutive semesters of probation, a student may be academically dismissed.
- The student's dean determines that academic performance at the end of a probationary semester does not warrant the student's continuation.
- The student's cumulative grade point average (GPA) falls below the minimum acceptable level (see below).
|FSU Credit Hrs Graded||FSU Cum. Min. GPA|
|0 - 20.9||1.40|
|21 - 30.9||1.60|
|31 - 50.9||1.70|
|51 - 67.9||1.80|
|68 - 97.9||1.90|
|98 and above||1.99|
Academic Dismissal Conditions:
The academic dismissal will remain in effect until a student can demonstrate academic success at another institution by accomplishing the following. At that point in time, a student may be readmitted to their original curriculum.
- Complete twelve (12) semester hours with a grade of "C" or above in all courses.
- Cumulative grade point average must be a 2.00 (on a 4.00 scale) or better.
- All courses must count towards the student's degree (excluding developmental courses).
- Submit an application for admission along with an official transcript to the Office of Admissions.
- Above criteria must be met within 2 years of your dismissal in order to be readmitted into current program.
Dismissal Appeal Policy:
A student who is dismissed from the College of Business for academic reasons, but believes there are (documented) extenuating circumstances that warrant consideration, may appeal the dismissal in writing to the Dean's Office, BUS 200. Final decision rests with this office. All appeals will be considered if received by the deadline date indicated on the dismissal letter.