Ferris Provided Wireless Standards
- The 802.11a, b and g protocols are supported.
- Personal wireless access points are only allowed in residence halls where wireless
service is not provided by the University
- In on-campus residential facilities, wireless routers are not allowed.
- Non-residential facilities shall not install wireless access points without approval
and coordination with ITS.
- ITS will keep a master list of the location, owner, and configuration of each University
provided access point on campus.
- More information about wireless networking on the Big Rapids campus is available here.
Revised: February 26, 2013