Fitness Center Rules/Regulations
- Children ages 15-17 may use the fitness center under adult supervision.
- No book bags, fanny packs, jackets, etc., should be left lying on the floor. Neither
University Recreation nor its employees are responsible for lost or stolen property.
Participants are encouraged to use the facility's lockers.
- Marking soles or open toes are not permitted in activity areas.
- Televisions are to remain on the station posted with the volume off.
- No food, drinks, or chewing gum are allowed in the Fitness Center. Exception is bottled
water in an unbreakable container.
- Time is limited to 30 minutes on all cardiovascular equipment when someone is waiting.
- Only personal stereos with headphones are acceptable.
- Respect for equipment, facilities and staff must be demonstrated at all times.
- Machines must be wiped down after use.
- Users unfamiliar with the operation of the exercise machines should seek assistance
from the Fitness Attendant on duty.
- Report any injury, broken or damaged equipment to the Fitness Attendant.
- Medical check-up and approval by personal physician before participation in any physical
activity is highly recommended especially for men over 40, women over 50 and persons
with any potentially limiting physical condition (pregnancy, back or heart problems,
Participants Exercise at Their Own Risk
We strongly recommend that all individuals consult a physician before beginning any
Failure to adhere to any policies may result in loss of privileges.