The Office of Housing and Residence Life at Ferris State University is committed to providing comprehensive professional development opportunities for our professional staff. The following is a brief outline of just some of the opportunities available:
- Strong encouragement to actively participate in local, regional, and national professional organizations such as GLACUHO, MCPA, NASPA, ACPA, ACJA, etc.
- 8-9 credit hours of FSU tuition remission per semester.
- The opportunity and encouragement to serve on divisional, University and professional organization committees.
- Collaboration opportunities with Student Activities, Career Services, Office of Student Conduct, Office of Multicultural Affairs, International Affairs, Counseling Center,Orientation, Greek Life, and Summer Camps and Conferences and most other areas of interest.
- Appointment as chair of at least one Department Committee.
- Opportunity to advise one or more of our 210+ Registered Student Organizations.
- Formal professional development activities as part of weekly bi-monthly professional development meetings with shared responsibility for content and delivery.
- The opportunity to teach FSUS 100 – First Year Seminar or other classes.
- Ongoing personal and professional development opportunities offered by the Office of the President, Diversity and Inclusion Office, Office of General Counsel, Human Resources, Division of Student Affairs, and the Office of Residence Life.
You are limited only by your own ambition!