ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- T.O.W.E.R.S. stands for Teaching Others What Establishes Real Success. T.O.W.E.R.S. was created to encourage, motivate and inspire the youth of today
to become the leaders of tomorrow.
- The leadership development program was created by the Office of Multicultural Student
Services (OMSS) to empower, stimulate and cultivate students at Ferris State University
so that they are prepared for their respective careers.
- Students who participant with T.O.W.E.R.S. will engage in activities centered on building
transferrable skills in following areas:
- Communication – Conveying and receiving information in an effective and appropriate manner
- Self-Awareness – Identifying personal strengths and goals through education and experience.
- Critical Thinking – Improving problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Diversity – Understanding how to examine and appreciate differences.
- Leadership – Serving as positive role models within the community
To receive recognition for active membership, students are encouraged to do the following:
- Attend the T.O.W.E.R.S. monthly meeting; meetings will be scheduled once per month
in the evening.
- Attend/participate in the Office of Multicultural Student Services’ sponsored events
- TOWERS members will be encouraged to participate in initiatives such as the FSU Student
Affairs Involvement Certificate program.
*Also, student leaders of the program have opportunities to serve as ambassadors for
the Office of Multicultural Student Services. As ambassadors, students will participate
in College Day Visit Student Panel discussions, and other community leadership activities
and initiatives sponsored by OMSS.
HOW DO I JOIN & GET STARTED?
*We require all new inquiries by Wednesday, September 5, 2012
to be considered for enrollment for Fall semester 2012.
INCOMING STUDENTS - For more information or to request an application, stop by the OMSS table during
your Summer Orientation visit, or "Email Us" by visiting our home page at www.ferris.edu/omss
CONTINUING STUDENTS - For more information or to request an application, please visit/contact our office at:
Address: 1010 Campus Drive, FLITE 159, Big Rapids, MI 49307