First Lady's Attic: Women's Attire
The First Lady's Attic is your source for a wide range of women's professional clothing. The Attic features ladies suits, shirts, blouses, dress pants, skirts, blazers, and dresses.
Women's Interview Attire
- Two-Piece, matched suit (dark colors)
- The suit skirt should cover thighs when seated
- Tailored blouse, shell/knit top (avoid gapping at chest)
- Conservative shoes (no higher than 1" heels)
- Limited jewelry (no dangling earrings or arms full of bracelets)
- No jewelry is better than cheap jewelry
- Professional hairstyle
- Neutral pantyhose
- Light make-up and perfume
- Neatly manicured clean nails
- Portfolio or briefcase
Interview Attire Tips
- Before you even think about going on an interview, make sure you have appropriate interview attire and everything fits correctly.
- Get your clothes ready the night before, so you don't have to spend time getting them ready on the day of the interview.
- If your clothes are dry clean only, take them to the cleaners after an interview, so they are ready for next time.
- Polish your shoes.
- Bring a breath mint and use it before you enter the building.
Attire tips from
Contact Ferris Career Services for more pointers and tips.