For customized training call or contact us
To register by phone contact Deb at (231) 591-5810 or email@example.com
The Heavy Equipment Institute
The Heavy Equipment Institute is an outreach training program provided through Ferris State University. The program is directed toward advancing the knowledge and skills of those working in the trucking and heavy equipment industries. Training is focused on the most current and practical information for participants and courses will combine classroom instruction with hands-on practice
Advantages of the Heavy Equipment Institute
- Upgrade your skills and technical knowledge
- Learn from field tested instructors
- Hands-on learning in Ferris' Heavy Equipment facilities
- Compact, easy to schedule courses
Who Should Attend?
- New mechanics, technicians, operators and supervisors looking to gain an understanding of components and systems
- Experienced mechanics, technicians, operators, and supervisors looking to update their knowledge and skills in new components and systems
Where are Classes Held?
Unless otherwise indicated courses are held on the Big Rapids Campus of Ferris State University. Most training will occur at the Heavy Equipment Technology Center located just west of the Ferris Ice Arena (220 Sports Drive). Welding training will be offered in the Swan Building (915 Campus Drive.)
Students should arrive with proper safety equipment which always includes: enclosed leather shoes/boots and safety glasses. See course descriptions for other equipment that may be required or provided.
To register, receive a customized quote or to discuss training options.