Special awards to honor Ferris State University staff members were presented at the University Center on Tuesday, April 25.
Distinguished Staff Awards went to Associate Athletics Director Jon Coles, Staff Center for Training and Development Director Jody Gardei, News Services and Social Media Manager Sandy Gholston, Associate Dean of Enrollment Services Elise Gramza and Office of International Education Assistant Director Lisa Von Reichbauer.
The Parents Committee, an initiative of Vice President of Student Affairs Jeannine Ward-Roof, saw its members recognized with the Distinguished Team Award. The committee includes Nicholas Campau, Jason DaDay, Omar Gonzalez, Cindy Horn, Kathy Lake, Melanie Mulder, Trent Podskalan, Angela Roman and Katie Thomas.
Award winners were determined by the Distinguished Staff and Team Committee, which includes Jennifer Amlotte, Rhonda Atteberry, Brandi Behrenwald, Cindy Horn and Paula Rushford. They reviewed a significant number of nominations, according to Rushford.
“We were very much impressed by the quality of these submissions, both for Distinguished Staff and Team,” Rushford said. “We believe this year’s selections presented unique qualifications and contributions to the university community. It was a very rewarding experience for the committee.”
Also recognized at the reception were 237 employees, whose cumulative service to the university represented 3,520 years of affiliation. The employees were honored for reaching various five-year increments of service, in a range of five to 45 years, with the latter figure applying to College of Business Associate Professor of Marketing Paul Jackson.
The following awards were also presented by Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs Paul Blake to these recipients at the ceremony:
- Academic Scholar Award - Christian P. Peterson, College of Arts and Sciences
- Adjunct Teaching Excellence Award - Karyn Kiio, College of Business
- Distinguished Service Award - Olukemi Fadayomi, College of Arts and Sciences
- Distinguished Teacher Award - John Scott Gray, College of Arts and Sciences
- Diversity Enhancement Award - Mary Murnik, College of Arts and Sciences
- Excellence in Course Assessment Award - Donna Green, College of Business
- International Educator of the Year Award - Ana I. Davila, College of Arts and Sciences
- Outstanding Academic Advisor Award - Laura Dix, College of Business
- Outstanding First-Year Advocate Award - Brooke Moore, Retention and Student Success
- Helen Gillespie Ferris Distinguished Woman Leader Award (University-Wide Award Sponsored by Academic Affairs) - Trinidy Williams, College of Arts and Sciences
PHOTO CAPTION: An awards ceremony (pictured at the top) was held on Tuesday, April 25, in the University Center of Ferris State University. Among the honorees was associate professor of Marketing Paul Jackson (pictured), who was recognized for 45 years of service to Ferris.