Bulldog Beginnings is set to kick off as Ferris State University students begin returning to campus in preparation for the first day of classes on Monday, Aug. 25.
During the two-week period of Bulldog Beginnings, starting Friday, Aug. 22, new and
returning students are encouraged to participate in a series of events to meet new
people, win prizes, enjoy free food and music, and to become more familiar with campus.
Several Ferris organizations and departments are collaborating to sponsor this year’s events to welcome students to campus. The activities are designed to exemplify Ferris’ core values: collaboration, diversity, ethical community, excellence, learning and opportunity.
“Our goal was to plan education events and fun activities designed to introduce students to campus,” said Fernando Labra, Intramural and Club Sports Coordinator in University Recreation. “We hope students start to feel at home and feel a sense of pride that they are now Ferris State University Bulldogs,”
Bulldog Beginnings events are directed at new students, but all student engagement is encouraged.
The schedule of events are listed below:
Friday, Aug. 22
- Bulldog Welcome, 7:30 to 9 p.m. at Top Taggart Field
- Residence Hall Association Movie Night, 9 p.m. at Top Taggart Field
Saturday, Aug. 23
- Backyard Bash, 3 to 5 p.m., at South Quad by the Rock Café – sponsored by the University Center
- Meijer Madness, 7 to 10 p.m., at Meijer (Bus pick up from 6:45 to 10 p.m.)
Sunday, Aug. 24
-Transitions to Success, 1 to 5 p.m., IRC 120 – sponsored by the Office of Multicultural Student Services
Monday, Aug. 25
- First Class Carnival, 12 to 4 p.m., at North Quad by FLITE – sponsored by Student Government Association and Entertainment Unlimited
Tuesday, Aug. 26
- SocialFest Instagram Photo Challenge, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at South Quad by the Rock Café – sponsored by University Advancement and Marketing
Wednesday, Aug. 27
- Bulldog Beats and Eats, 6 to 8 p.m., at South Quad by the Rock Café – sponsored by the Center for Leadership, Activities, and Career Services and Dining Services
Thursday, Aug. 28 (All activities in North Quad by FLITE)
- Founders’ Day Celebration, 3 to 7 p.m.
- Ice Cream Social, 4 to 7 p.m. – sponsored by General Counsel
- FSU 130th Birthday Party, Silent Disco Dance Party, 8:30 p.m. – sponsored by Entertainment Unlimited, Student Government Association, and the History of Task Force.
Friday, Aug. 29
- FLITE Disc Golf, 2 to 5 p.m., at FLITE Library
- Cultural Connections Open House, 2 to 5 p.m., FLITE 159, IRC 134, IRC 131 – sponsored by the Center for Latin@ Studies, Office of International Education and Office of Multicultural Student Services.
Tuesday, Sept. 2
- Rec Fest, 5 to 8 p.m., at the Student Rec Center – sponsored by University Recreation
Wednesday, Sept. 3
- Get Acquainted Day, 7 to 10 p.m., at the Student Rec Center – sponsored by Office of Multicultural Student Services
Thursday, Sept. 4
- Ferris Olympics, 6 to 8 p.m., at the Racquet & Fitness Center
For more information about Bulldog Beginnings, visit:
Last updated: 08-18-2014