Ferris State University will host an educational program on Tuesday, Feb. 21 from 11 to 11:50 a.m. in Room 304 of FLITE. This event was developed to empower student leaders who are interested in leveraging their positions to make a difference on campus.
“Leveraging Your Leadership on Campus” will feature a 30-minute DVD as part of a program led by Leadership Development Trainee Nick Maus, a campus student leader. After the video, a series of discussion questions will be provided.
Organizers want attendees to gain insight for:
- Influencing campus
- Partnering with opinion leaders
- Understanding what motivates people
- Maintaining a focus on results
- Positive uses of peer pressure
- Staying true to your mission, values and goals
- The importance of giving without expectation
“I hope students learn how to motivate others to achieve a common goal while staying true to their personal ethics, morals and values,” said Allissa Witucki, interim director of Student Leadership and Activities.