Note: If your device askes for an encryption protocol when you first attempt to connect to the main campus wireless, use WPA2.
The FerrisWiFi network requires that all mobile devices be registered before successfully connecting to the Internet. Here are the steps to get connected to FerrisWiFi.
6. You will see an "Isolation Notice." This notice simply means that you haven't been given access to the network yet.
7. Read and accept the "Proper Use Policy" agreement. Without agreeing to the "Proper Use Policy," you will not be able access the Ferris Network.
8. The "Welcome to the Ferris State University Network" screen will come up. Click Start>> located across from the Students/Employees option.
9. Type in your Ferris Computing ID (MyFSU ID) and password into the boxes of the "User Registration" section and click Login.
10. You will be taken to a "Success" page with a progress bar. Please wait for the bar to finish before continuing.
11. Once the progress bar has completed, you should be successfully registered and able to browse the Internet using FerrisWiFi. If you have any problems or receive a message that your device could not be registered, contact the Technology Assistance Center for help.
Last updated: 03-18-2013
|Chat With a Specialist|
|Online Support Form|