Getting Connected to the Ferris Network on an iPad
Using Wi-Fi on campus
- To get to the Internet/wireless network using Wi-Fi at Ferris, you will need to prove
that you are part of the Ferris community. You will need to enter your Ferris Computing
ID (MyFSU) and password.
- Authentication to wireless (CCA) will expire after 6 hours of steady use or if a device
sleeps for more than 5 minutes.
- iPads trying to use the Ferris network that aren’t authenticated to CCA will not be
able access the network and the Internet until authentication is restored
Using 3G Network
- 25% of the monthly costs of the 3G service require a payroll deduction of the employee
that is assigned the device (for University-owned iOS devices?)
- Department must approve paying for 75% of the costs for 3G access, otherwise the employee
must pay the entire cost for 3G access