Buying Apple Apps
The Apple App Store has over 225,000 apps; some educational, some fun, and some useless.
- Purchasing or upgrading iOS apps requires an Apple ID to which must equal a valid
email address. When you set up your Apple account, you will create your Apple ID,
which will be associated with a credit card or other payment method.
- If departments wish to retain ownership of applications they must set up an ID/email
through TAC for managing the applications.
- The person associated with the Apple ID that downloads an app “owns” the app.
- An eHSARF is NOT required to purchase an app from Apple.
- Purchasing will not reimburse those that purchase iOS apps on their personal credit
- It is not a requirement for the department to purchase apps. If you get app you can
purchase it using your own apple account. If you want Ferris to pay for it, it has
to go through official channels, and the department will retain ownership if they