Sign up to receive official Ferris State University emergency text alerts so you are
the first to know about time-sensitive campus safety issues and closings due to weather
or other disruptions.
- Enrollment is voluntary.
- You will be unenrolled automatically after you leave the University.
- Messages will be customized based on what campuses you take classes/work at.
- Restricted use for immediate notification to students, faculty and staff.
- Short Message Service (SMS) text messaging must be enabled on your cell phone account
to receive text messages.
- You are responsible for any text message charges that may be incurred from enrolling
in this service. The average cost is 15 cents per message depending on your plan and
- You will receive a test text message once a semester, as a confirmation.
- Contact information you provide is kept confidential and won’t be used for any other
Visit MyFSU and click on the link in the "Emergency Text Alerts" channel to sign up.
View FAQs about Ferris Emergency Text Alerts [pdf]
For step-by-step instructions on how to set up Emergency Text Alerts see the links