How to: Change Your Active Directory Password in Windows XP
1. Select ctrl alt delete on your keyboard.
2. A Windows Security screen like the one below will show up. At this screen, select Change Password.
3. The Change Password screen will display. At this screen, be sure your user name is entered correctly and that the "Log on to" section displays FERRIS_AD or ferris.local. Simply enter your old password and then your new password twice.
4. After selecting OK, your password will be changed.
Changing passwords with Novell Client still installed:
1. Follow the above directions. After selecting "Change Password..." you will receive the following screen:
2. At this screen you have three options: select both FERRIS_AD and FSU, select just FERRIS_AD, or select just FSU. FSU refers to your Novell password while FERRIS_AD refers to your Active Directory password. If they are not currently the same password, you will not be able to change both at the same time.
|Chat With a Specialist|
|Online Support Form|