Respondus Lockdown Browser is a secure browser for taking tests in Blackboard. It prevents students from printing, copying, accessing another program or URL during a test. If the test requires the use of Respondus LockDown Browser, the student will be unable to take the test in a standard web browser. The students will have to install Respondus LockDown Browser on their computer. Help for Students
Setup for Instructors
The best recommendation as done by other Blackboard instructors is to add the link with additional instructions in the "Description" field in "Edit Test Options". The Respondus link to use in your courses is:
Instructions on how to require Respondus Lockdown Browser on a test.
- Create your test as normal within the Blackboard system or by uploading it through the Respondus Test creation software. Configure all of your settings based on your personal needs for the test.
- Once your test has been created Click on Respondus LockDown Browser located within Course Tools within the Course Management/Control Panel area. You may receive one or two security warning Click Yes to each.
- You should now see your Respondus LockDown Browser Dashboard which should contain all of the tests you have within the course.
- Click on the Chevron to the left of the test you would like to require the use of Respondus LockDown Browser for the student to take the test, and select Modify Settings. You may receive more security warnings.
- Click the radio button to Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam. Passwords are optional, however, students with MAC's have been known to have issues if a password is not required.
- Click Save and Close to save your changes.
Also, with Blackboard, a "- Requires Respondus Lockdown Browser" is appended to the test title. This will let students know that the test requires the use of Respondus Lockdown Browser.