Respondus Lockdown Browser is a secure browser for taking tests in Blackboard. It
prevents students from printing, copying, accessing another program or URL during
a test. If the test requires the use of Respondus LockDown Browser, the student will
be unable to take the test in a standard web browser. The students will have to install
Respondus LockDown Browser on their computer. Help for Students
Setup for Instructors
The best recommendation as done by other Blackboard instructors is to add the link
with additional instructions in the "Description" field in "Edit Test Options". The
Respondus link to use in your courses is:
Instructions on how to require Respondus Lockdown Browser on a test.
- Create your test as normal within the Blackboard system or by uploading it through
the Respondus Test creation software. Configure all of your settings based on your
personal needs for the test.
- Once your test has been created Click on Respondus LockDown Browser located within
Course Tools within the Course Management/Control Panel area. You may receive one
or two security warning Click Yes to each.
- You should now see your Respondus LockDown Browser Dashboard which should contain
all of the tests you have within the course.
- Click on the Chevron to the left of the test you would like to require the use of Respondus
LockDown Browser for the student to take the test, and select Modify Settings. You
may recieve more security warnings.
- Click the radio button to Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam. Passwords
are optional, however, students with MAC's have been known to have issues if a password
is not required.
- Click Save and Close to save your changes.
Also, with Blackboard, a "- Requires Respondus Lockdown Browser" is appended to the
test title. This will let students know that the test requires the use of Respondus