About Discussion Boards
The discussion board is a tool for sharing thoughts and ideas about class materials.
Getting Started with a Discussion Board
- Click on the plus sign (+) at the top navigation to expand the menu to add a new item to your course.
- Click on “Tool Link.”
In the Tool Link dialog box, enter the name for your discussion board. I entered Discussion Board for this example.
Select Discussion Board from the “Type” drop-down menu.
Check the box to make the Discussion Board available to users.
- The Discussion Board link that you created is located on the bottom of the Resources
menu. Move your mouse over the Discussion Board name until the cross-hairs are showing.
Then drag and drop it to the desired location.
- After it has been moved, click on the Discussion Board link you created.
- Click on Create your Forum.
- In the Discussion Form Information, enter a name for the discussion forum. This is
a required field. A description is optional.
- In the Forum Availability section, check the box to make it is available and enter
any date and time restrictions.
- In the Forum Settings, click on the buttons for the settings you want to apply.