Migrate From Vista to FerrisConnect > Faculty Support
How To Migrate a Course Over to FerrisConnect
- Login to FerrisConnect Vista
- From "My Blackboard..." Click: course you want to migrate
- Click: Manage Course - From "Build" or "Teach" tab
- Click Backup - Click Back up Course
- Click: OK
- Click: Manage Course - Click: Backup
- Once you see under "Status" - Completed
- Click: action link - next to the "title of the course"
- Click: Save as file
- Click on to take off "Tracking data" - At this point you should see the ".bak" file
- Click: OK
- From the "Build Tab" ... Click: File Manager
- Click: "My Files" look for the .bak file
- Click on the action link to the right of the file name
- Select: Copy Click on "My Computer"
- Save it to your storage location - Close the course
Go to FerrisConnect - After submitting, processing may take some time.
- Go to the course shell for the migration
- Under the "Course Management" heading and under "Control Panel"
- Click: Packages and Utilities
- Click: Import Package/View Logs
- Within the "Import Package" - You will have an opportunity to
- Select a package or upload the .bak file from FerrisConnect Vista
- Select all course materials
- Click Submit to finalize the migration