FerrisConnect cannot directly export items from FerrisConnect Vista. The following is the only approved method for taking items from FerrisConnect Vista and getting them into FerrisConnect. This tutorial specifically shows how to take tests from the FerrisConnect Vista environment and place them into FerrisConnect, however, since FerrisConnect allows for the import of specific Course Material this tutorial could be used to import whole classes from FerrisConnect Vista to FerrisConnect.
1. After logging into FerrisConnect Vista. Select the course you would like to get Test information from.
2. Click Manage Course.
3. Click Backup.
4. Click Backup Course.
a. If you receive an error stating you have reached the quota of online backups you are able to skip the current backup or delete the oldest backup on file. And click Proceed.
5. Click OK. It may take a couple of minutes for your backup to be ready to be downloaded.
6. Click Manage Course (see above).
7. Click Backup (see above).
8. Click the chevron next to the backup you just created, and select Save as File.
9. Select Class Files and click OK. (NOTE: If the Tracking data checkbox is checked, the backup file will include data associated with the students that were enrolled in the course. Most of the time you will want to uncheck the Tracking data checkbox).
10. Click on File Manager and your file should be listed (NOTE: this may take a few minutes for it to be moved by the server).
11. Click the chevron and select Download.
12. Save your file to anyplace convenient for you.
13. Log out of FerrisConnect Vista and log into FerrisConnect.
14. Select the course you are importing to.
15. Click Packages and Utilities within your Control Panel and Click Import Package / View Logs.
16. Click Import Package.
17. Click Browse on step 2 (Select a Package) and select the backup file you just created.
18. If you are just trying to obtain your test data only check Tests, Surveys, and Pools in step 3 (Select Course Materials) and click Submit.
19. You should now be able to view any tests in FerrisConnect that had been in FerrisConnect Vista. This may take a couple of minutes to be processed by the server. Click Course Tools and select Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
20. Click Tests.
21. You should now be able to enable your old FerrisConnect Vista tests within FerrisConnect.
Last updated: 01-21-2013