Please follow the instructions listed below for downloading and installing the Windows version of Blackboard Drive. The instructions below are specific to using Internet Explorer 9. The instructions will be similar using other browsers.
- If you have not already downloaded the application, please use the links below to do so.
- Notice the download notification tab at the bottom of your browser window, as pictured
in Figure 1. Click the Save button. Unless you have modified the default download folder location
in Internet Explorer, the file will be saved in the Downloads folder. To specifically
specify where the file should be saved at on your computer, click the down arrow to
the right of the Save button, and select Save As. Browse to the computer location
that you want to save the file at, and click the Save button.
- In the download notification tab, you will be able to see the progress of the file
download, as pictured in Figure 2.
- When the file has completed downloading, you may receive a security notification tab
similar to the image in Figure 3. Disregard this by clicking on the X on the right side of this notification.
- Locate the file that was downloaded. Open Windows Explorer by either using the icon
in the Task Pane, or clicking Start > Computer. The file name for a 32-bit install
is BbDrive-x86_setup.exe, and the file name for a 64-bit install is BbDrive-x64_setup.exe.
The image in Figure 4 shows that the Downloads folder has been selected in the left pane, and that the
BbDrive-x86_setup.exe file is selected in the right pane.
- Double click the BbDrive-x86_setup.exe or BbDrive-x64_setup.exe file, depending on
the Operating System version you have, to begin the installation. If you have Symantec
Endpoint Protection installed on your computer, then you will most likely see the
following window appear, as shown in Figure 5. If you don't see this window then skip to step 7. If you do see it, click the "Allow
this file" button.
- The Symantec Endpoint Protection Permission window will appear, as shown in Figure 6. Click the OK button to create an application exception for this file so that Symantec
will not block it.
A setup language can be selected for the installation. To accept the default, as pictured,
Click the OK button. To change the language, select a new language from the drop down menu and click the OK button.
- The Blackboard Drive Setup Wizard window will now load, as pictured in Figure 8. Click the Next button to continue.
- Click the "I have read and agree with the above notice" checkbox to agree to the terms,
and click the Next button to continue, as pictured in Figure 9.
- Leave the default Destination Folder, as pictured in Figure 10, and click the Next button.
- On the Installation Options window, uncheck the "Launch Blackboard Drive at system
startup" checkbox, as pictured in Figure 11. This will prevent the application from loading when you boot your computer, thus
saving system resources.
- Click the Install button on the "Ready to Install Blackboard Drive" window to begin the installation. A progress bar will be visible indicating the progress of the installation.
- When Blackboard Drive has been installed, you will see the "Completed the Blackboard
Drive Setup Wizard" window. To launch Blackboard Drive immediately, leave the "Launch
Blackboard Drive" checkbox as indicated in Figure 12, and click the Finish button.