Merit Grant Frequently Asked Questions
Note: If your question is not listed here, please email Foundation assistant Kim Erickson
- Will my application be funded? Although there are many exceptional proposals submitted, funding is limited. Only
those that best meet the criteria will ultimately be funded.
- I can't complete my application on time. Can I have extra time? Only those proposals submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- What if I can't get a signature on time? In preparing your proposal, it is important to communicate with your Dean/Department
Head/Chair or Vice President/supervisor and arrange for signatures within the allowed
time period. Applications without proper signatures will not be considered.
- Are there samples available to view? Yes. You can view winning applications by clicking here. Contact Foundation Assistant Kim Erickson by email at KimberlyErickson@ferris.edu or by phone at 231.591.2365 if you need additional assistance in viewing proposals.
- I'm trying to send my grant, but it wants to find an email program. What's happening? Per the instructions on the Merit Grant Homepage, it is critical that you be at a
computer that has your Outlook client installed in order to successfully send the
form to the Foundation office. Make sure you have your grant materials in a Word document.
If you didn't do this, make sure you copy your materials to a Word file before you
close the form. Otherwise, you will lose all your work. Take the word document to
a computer that has your Outlook client, copy and paste the materials, then send it
to the Foundation office.
- I can't make this form work. Who can help me? Call Mary Kay MacIver at 591.3739. She can walk you through it, or she is happy to
have you make an appointment to see her for assistance. IMPORTANT. If you are using a Macintosh computer to complete your application, choose
the "Internet Email" option, save your xml file to your desktop, then open Outlook
and email it to Kimberly Erickson.
- Note: When you click the "Submit" button, be sure to select "Desktop Email Application"
and click "OK" to send your application.