Ferris State University is pleased to offer several Career and Education Planning courses to students at the secondary level and to non-traditional students. The CARE courses provide students with opportunities to explore college programs, careers, and employment viability. Students discover how educational planning can help them with their lifelong career decision-making process.
Students will earn transcripted college credit by successfully completing a CARE 102
CARE classes may be taught face-to-face, in a mixed delivery format, or fully online. Most of Ferris State’s secondary partners choose to offer the course fully online. Many non-traditional students take the class face-to-face through FSU’s community agency partnerships.
- Baldwin High School
- Capital Area Career Center
- Ferris State Center for Latin@ Studies
- Ferris State Charter Schools Office
- Harbor Beach High School
- Marlette Jr./Sr. High School
- Muskegon Area Career Tech Center
- Rockford High School
- Sparta High School
- Traverse City Area Public Schools
- Vandercook Lake
CARE 102 provides students with the opportunity to explore college programs, career options and employment viability. Students discover how educational planning can help them with their lifelong career decision making process and develop personal educational and career plans based on interests and skills.
- Students will develop a personal educational and career vision statement based on completion of 2-3 interest and skill strength-based inventories.
- Students will research careers, and the educational requirements to develop a personal educational and career summary paper of their top 4-5 career options based on their strengths outlined in the assessments.
- Based on their personal educational and career vision statement and personal educational and career summary paper, students will develop a detailed educational and career contingency plan containing 2-3 options.
- Utilizing their personal educational and career development plan, students will develop 3-5 SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-Bound) career goals.